Thursday, October 1, 2009

A True Texan

I always knew that I was a true Texan (I mean I am a 6th generation Texan) but something happened yesterday to confirm this fact to me.

I have a class that is in the Woodlands (roughly a 40 minute commute) and I've started recently commuting with two friends of mine. Well last night our conversation ended up taking a turn into how one of the girls feels that big hair on a woman is a symbol of power. I told her that if that's true I'm out of luck because my hair just can't be big, even though I love big hair. She then turned to me and said, "Girl, you need a Bumpit!"


A visual of the Bumpit in action.

Then the two girls proceeded to tell me the pros and cons of the Bumpit. For example, it works well when your hair is down but once you try to put it up in a ponytail it gets more difficult. My favorite thing is they talked about the Bumpit as if every girl should have one. Now comes my confession - I've always wanted to try the Bumpit. There I said it. I LOVE big hair & would kill to be able to get some volume in mine. Every time I've seen the infomercial for the Bumpit my friends would crack jokes but I was secretly wanting one. Hearing my friends talk about the Bumpit and how to get big hair confirmed to me that Texas is where I belong. My love of big hair runs deep in my blood. No, I have not invested in the Bumpit yet (yes I said yet), but I will be sure to wear my Bumpit with pride when I get that privilege.

Because I know you all want easy access to it here's the website where you can purchase your very own Bumpit for only $9.99 plus shipping & handling: https://www.bumpits.com/Index.dtm

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the things you learn about your siblings only by reading their blogs. BTW, is that supposed to be a Bump It or a Bum Pit? I get confused with these run-two-words-together advertising gimmicks. Also, just how many times have you seen this infomercial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs... I thought speed bumps were for Utahns. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete