Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Bluebonnet State



As a 6th generation Texan I knew that our state flower was the bluebonnet but due to the fact that I was born and raised in the west Texas desert, I had not ever really experienced them. As much as I wanted to get a picture of me in the wildflowers, the odds are against me because I've planned on it for the last 2 weekends and things have come up to keep me from doing it. SO the picture from google will have to suffice. The wildflowers are gorgeous. I don't even know the names of all of them but there are bluebonnets and indian paintbrushes and lots of other gorgeous ones. They grow on the side of the highways and I often find myself drifting because I'm distracted by how amazing they are. I know have a greater understanding of the bluebonnet state.

1 comment:

  1. You know what's crazy, they have bluebonnets in CA too. Ryan and I thought it was downright blasphemous the first time we saw them here. I think Texas needs to work on their copyright laws or at least get some good lawyers to enforce the blatant infringement.

    ReplyDelete