Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm Pretty Much Amazing

So this past weekend I was graciously invited to join the lovely singles of College Station on a camping/lake trip. We left Friday morning and spent Friday and Saturday at the lake. There were 2 boats, good people, food, and wakeboarding.

I've never wakeboarded in my life. I have water skied and snowboarded, so I have a little bit of experience using a board and with water just not together.

Well I'm apparently a natural. I got up on my very first try no problem. Thanks to the helpful coaching of Chris. Then on my first run I was cutting in and out of the wake, just doing my thing. When I finally fell, the girl who owns the boat told me that there was no way that was my first time. She didn't believe me. I guess I'm just that good.

The only down side is the intense pain I'm experiencing now. I face planted pretty hard Saturday afternoon and so now my neck, back, arms, abs, and head are in pain. Most of it is just soreness but my head has been throbbing for the past 3 days...probably not a good thing.

I plan on having more trips to the lake and more shots at wakeboarding - who knows maybe I'll try a flip this next go around since it just comes so easily to me.

1 comment:

  1. make sure you land it if you go for the flip... you might have a perma headache otherwise

    ReplyDelete